Maker Pro
Maker Pro

trying to find the perfect dc dc voltage current regulator

oved onto a new boat. I have incandecent light and would like to modify to LED. Havent been on the web in years and still having a difficult time with searches.
I came across the LT1618. Seemed good both current and voltage regulation. Looked up individual white light LEDs 3 watt and 5 watt.
5 watt LEDs voltage 3.8 volt. Two in series will drop 7.6 volt. 800mA each = 1600mA. Another set of LEDs put together in parallel.
Add in the pwm ability and the perfect boat lights.
and to try to make each light for under $15 is this possible?
Thank you Wiley

oved onto a new boat. I have incandecent light and would like to modify to LED. Havent been on the web in years and still having a difficult time with searches.

I came across the LT1618. Seemed good both current and voltage regulation. Looked up individual white light LEDs 3 watt and 5 watt.

5 watt LEDs voltage 3.8 volt. Two in series will drop 7.6 volt. 800mA each = 1600mA. Another set of LEDs put together in parallel.

Thanks for the correction.
last time I used maxim ics and only 20 mA LEDs about 5 years ago. Forced retirement tumor on my spine. Now I have time play just not as much money to play with.
Thank you Wiley

and to try to make each light for under $15 is this possible?

Thank you Wiley

Thank you David. The already assembled package will be far easyer than the discrete IC + parts + board.
Wiley