Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Trying to mount monitors Please Help

Jenn66

Aug 3, 2022
Hello I would like to mount my monitors to a dual arm mount. On the back of my AsusPro monitors where the screws would go there are little rubber pieces (I guess that is what it is there are little indents but no actual holes) Can I take those out and if so how do I get them out? Is that the screw holes? Thank you so very much.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
Ditto what @Bluejets said in his post #2. More information is BETTER than less information when you are asking strangers for help. Use a program like Microsoft Paint to reduce the size of high-resolution photographic images until they will upload successfully to this site. Placing a ruler next to the "little rubber pieces," temporarily secured with masking tape, may help us identify where the arm mounting holes are.

Check out the professional monitors on this ASUS website page and then tell us EXACTLY which ones you want to mount.

Have you tried to contact the vendor who supplied your monitors?

Did the monitors come with any sort of printed instructions?

The "little rubber pieces" are probably "fillers," either to keep dust and detritus out of the monitors until they are securely mounted, or to protect the threaded nut inserts molded into the plastic case of each monitor. You can TRY to gently pry them out by grasping them with a pair of long-nosed pliers, but I am only guessing at this procedure. Try it at your own risk, or ask for advice from someone at ASUS or Amazon who actually KNOWS how to mount your monitors.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Most (all?) mountable monitors use what's called the VESA standard which boils down to a 'square' of holes on either a 75mm or 100mm pitch. If your rubber pads are on one of these dimensions then they very much will likely be covering the appropriate mounting holes for a standard bracket.

The real CAUTION you must use is for the length of screws used to mount to the bracket as using screws that are too long will likely penetrate the monitor down to something important and ruin it.

Check the make/manufacturers datasheet for the monitor as it will always indicate the correct mount and the screw sizes necessary to use with one.