Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Trying to power strobe bulb from wall fire alarm.

Doc_K

Feb 3, 2015
Greetings! I recently purchased two fire alarms like you would commonly find in a building. I purchased these for the strobe bulbs inside and the alarms, but the alarms ended up being way to big for my project so I purchased two smoke detectors and ended up using those alarms.

My current dilemma is that I'm trying to figure out a way to run the strobe bulb by itself, and using minimum space. I'm preferably trying to use a rechargeable battery pack. I have no idea where to even start. On the outside of the alarm it's listed as 24V strobe. Should I just start over and purchase a different strobe bulb by itself? I can post pictures if needed! Thank you!

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Greetings! I recently purchased two fire alarms like you would commonly find in a building. I purchased these for the strobe bulbs inside and the alarms, but the alarms ended up being way to big for my project so I purchased two smoke detectors and ended up using those alarms.

My current dilemma is that I'm trying to figure out a way to run the strobe bulb by itself, and using minimum space. I'm preferably trying to use a rechargeable battery pack. I have no idea where to even start. On the outside of the alarm it's listed as 24V strobe. Should I just start over and purchase a different strobe bulb by itself? I can post pictures if needed! Thank you!
If this is for any sort of emergency system, I would highly encourage you NOT to continue and consult a local electrician and/or fire dept.
Otherwise, post details regarding the flasher and we can take a look.