Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Tuned Antenna FM crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

dietermoreno

Dec 30, 2012
From my broken mic cable which was 12 feet long, I got an idea.

I realized that the alternative station I was receiving was 87.7 MHZ, and related I found that 12 feet long full wave dipole has a resonant frequency of 88.4 MHZ.

So the coil of the multimeter lowered the frequency to 87.7 MHZ.

I found that changing the resistance can tune in different stations, with no resistance resulting in hearing Star 105.5, and 500k resistance hearing the low powered transmitter of the alternative station.

So adding resistance can tune in different stations by blocking out the powerful local stations to give the weaker stations a chance to come in.

So my idea is to replicate this with a proper circuit instead of a broken mic cable and a multimeter in order to achieve better results.

The most expensive part will be the 24 feet of wire and the other connecting wires. Diodes and pots are really cheap, and I already have the 1000 pF capacitor.

The idea is to put all of this in a cardboard box shielded by aluminum foil, gluing clean pennies to the cardboard substrate, soldering the connections to the pennies, and remove the broken part of the mic cable and solder the exposed wires of the mic cable to the solder connection pennies using 40 volt phantom power and a mic pre amp to greatly amplify the weak signals which are of similar very low voltage to human voice singing into microphone.

Drawing attached.

Will it work?

Did I put C1 in the right place, or would putting C1 in that place be too much voltage for C1 to handle and C1 should be before the 40 volt DC power?

Attachments

• Tuned Antenna FM Crystal Receiver 87.7 MHZ.jpg
    Tuned Antenna FM Crystal Receiver 87.7 MHZ.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
I'm beginning to think that your sole purpose here is to p!ss us off! Why the hell can't you follow instructions?? You've been told time and time again to build one of the multitudes of crystal circuits found on the net but you insist on posting these wacky, haphazard ideas of yours. You're a menace to yourself and people around you! I pray you never become interested in firearms!!!!

Chris

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
dietermorono, I'm giving you a bit of a holiday so you can think back and remember that I promised you I would ban you if you kept on about random cables and guitar amps making radios.

I pray you never become interested in firearms!!!!

It is only out of a general respect for human life that I do not disagree with you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.