Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Turning a USB FM transmitter

heysaji

Mar 31, 2013
Hello, I want to turn USB Fm transmitor to a USB player, I mean to play USB Fm transmitor without radio,
Thanks for your help.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hi
welcome to the forums :)

The USB transmitter needs a radio receiver to pick up the signal
how else did you think you could get the signal ?

Dave

heysaji

Mar 31, 2013
Thank you, :)

No, my mind is playing mp3 flies inside the USB whiteout radio receiver, playing them by connecting speakers straight to it ( USB Fm transmitter ), so we need to change the Electrical circuit inside of USB Fm transmitter but I don't know how, so came here and asking for help. I want to do that because the quality of songs certainly will be better and never get the other car's USB Fm transmitter signal, after all my car's radio has stolen recently. :)
Thanks
sajad

Last edited:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
OK

but you cannot take audio to speakers from a FM transmitter
what is the USB transmitter dongle being plugged into ? a laptop? Ipad ? ..... something else ?
surely its got a headset output that can be used to feed to an amplifier and speakers?

Dave

heysaji

Mar 31, 2013
I want to plug it into my car (12v with high ampere I think, I can tell you the exact number later).
I can made an amplifier 300 watt by my self, I don't know what should I do before the ampelifir input.

Saji

heysaji

Mar 31, 2013
Now I asked some one that is expert about my car ( because my car isn't available now ) He said a general info, He didn't measure the exact number with ohm meter, so I will do it for being sure about the number He told.
He said: 12 V with 60 Ampere

Saji

heysaji

Mar 31, 2013
Ok, I looked the car's battry, it has wrriten 12 V and 60 AH and ICC 260 I knew that when car starts the Voltage swing between 12 V and 14.5 V but the ampere is the same.

Thank you
ُُُSaji

Last edited:

heysaji

Mar 31, 2013
Turning a USB FM transmitter 2

Hello, I want to turn USB Fm transmitor to a USB player, I mean playing mp3 files inside the USB whiteout radio receiver, playing them by connecting speakers straight to it ( USB Fm transmitter ), so we need to change the Electrical circuit inside of the USB Fm transmitter but I don't know how, I want to plug it into my car 12 V and 60 AH and ICC 260 when the car starts the Voltage swing between 12 V and 14.5 V but the ampere is the same, I can make an amplifier 300 watt by myself, I don't know what should I do before the amplifier input, Thanks for your help.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
you still havent answered my question

WHAT is the source of the music ??
what is the USB transmitter dongle being plugged into ? a laptop? Ipad ? ..... something else ?
surely its got a headset output that can be used to feed to an amplifier and speakers?

forget about the battery at the moment please answer the Q
we need to understand what you are trying to achieve

Dave

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Did I understand your question ?

no cuz your response didnt give me answers to the questions I asked

describe each part of your set up in detail
eg. what are you plugging your pendrive into ?

unless you help us guys with good info, we cannot help you

Dave

heysaji

Mar 31, 2013
Got it?

OK, see this image, is it helpful to answer your question?

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 71

dietermoreno

Dec 30, 2012
I have no clue what your trying to do.

If your trying to play mp3 files in a car with out using an FM modulator, you could just buy a tape cassette adapter for $3 from Walmart.

To connect to your car's speakers without using a tape cassette adapter, you need to use an FM modulator. That is unless you take apart your car's stereo system and soder an audio line connections to the same place the output of the super heterodyne reciever's RF gain stages are connected to the audio gain stages. Then you connect that audio line to your mp3 player.

but its easier to just use an FM modulator or use a cassette tape adapter.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
dietermoreno has really no idea how a radio works, but his suggestion that the audio has to get to the audio amplifier's input is correct.

But I think you already know that :)

You need to determine where the audio signal(s) are in your device and connect them to your amplifier.

That may be more easily said than done (because we assume there's no audio output, right?)

If you can get some good images of the inside of this device, and if we can identify the chip(s) used, we might be able to suggest where audio can be grabbed from.

If you're *really* lucky, you may be able to wire them to the socket currently used for Audio input (which would be superfluous for this application) and make it the audio output.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
The MP3 player has an audio input and not and audio output? That seems strange.

Bob

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
The purpose of this device is to play your mp3 audio (or another audio source) on the car radio. The output is an FM signal.

I think the OP wants a device with a USB host port and audio output (and probably the ability to select tracks, etc.)

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
OK, I see. The jack is an AUX input for the transmitter.

Bob