Maker Pro
Maker Pro

TUSCANY or ELECTROMATIC CLOTHES DRYER DRIVE BELT

GEORGE ANAGNOSTOPOULOS

Dec 4, 2018
Please advice me the proper drive belt brand/type for the above clothes dryer.

Your promped reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
George.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Please advice me the proper drive belt brand/type for the above clothes dryer.

Your promped reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
George.

hi there

you have given a make but no model number ... a bit difficult to help you

have you contacted the manufacturer ?
that is what any of us here would have to do

Dave

GEORGE ANAGNOSTOPOULOS

Dec 4, 2018
Hi Dave,
Thanks for your prompt reply,sorry for my omission to didn't give you the type of the DRYER wich is T-GDZ60-09E 6.0 Kg.
Regarding the makers I couldn't manage to find any contact.

Thank you once again for your help.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
If you have the old belt it is common practice to visit stores that carry such spares and just 'match it up' to anything they have off the shelf. There may even be some markings on the belt to give pointers to it's size etc.

GEORGE ANAGNOSTOPOULOS

Dec 4, 2018
Hi Dave,
Thanks for your prompt reply,sorry for my omission to didn't give you the type of the DRYER wich is T-GDZ60-09E 6.0 Kg.
Regarding the makers I couldn't manage to find any contact.

Thank you once again for your help.
If you have the old belt it is common practice to visit stores that carry such spares and just 'match it up' to anything they have off the shelf. There may even be some markings on the belt to give pointers to it's size etc.

We do not have the working belt which obviously could be used "as per sample" to order same. The estimated length is 1920 mm and the width 10 mm ,measured with rope all around and the width of pulley groove

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
The approximate measurement should be sufficient information to go on provided the motor has some form of belt tension adjustment that can take up a limited amount of slack.

If you were of a mind you could add an idler wheel that could take up 'any' amount of slack.

Searching eBay using 'tumble drier belt' shows thousands of results, many of which have numerical designations that INCLUDE this one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TUMBLE-D...hash=item2c53380d21:m:m3Wphv5I8gvRYkPT5_JwYJQ

which, conveniently, is 1920mm and (presumably) 9mm wide......

If you also add '1920' to your search word you will find many others - seems like 1920mm is a standard size so maybe your measurement technique is pretty good!

The WIDTH of the belt will depend on the torque it's under but a 6kg load is at the very small end of the scale so even 10mm width would seem to be on the generous side.

GEORGE ANAGNOSTOPOULOS

Dec 4, 2018
Thank you very much for your efforts and your interest to my request. Finaly by using the taken measurements I found in the local market the propper drive belt.Be sure that after this issue I will not hesitate to contact your kind site for help.

George