Maker Pro
Maker Pro

TV box H96 Pro + repair

shadyahmad

Sep 14, 2017
Dears,
Good day to you,
I'm not a technician, I don't have also any background in electronics.

The case is that I have H96 Pro + TV box, by mistake I have connected the tv box to 12V/0.35A adapter instead of its 5V/0.3A adapter, I heard a sound "tek tek tek", I removed the cable immediately, after that the TV box never power on again, I gave it to two technicians of my friends but they could not find the problem, they said that power reaches all parts.

My question is, what is the common damage/fault in the device specified in this case? what are the affected parts?

Thanks in advance

my best regards
Shadi

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir shadyahmad . . . . .

If you had knowledgeable and competent technically oriented friends evaluating the unit, they would have known that the recurrent tic-tic-tic is indicating an overload on one of its switching supplies.
On my marked up drawing, the top left quadrant's YELLOW area in the incoming power connector area is the area to be checked out..
Your initial power input would have been line filtered and then cascaded down thru 3.3---1.8-----1VDC lower voltage level supplies.
SOME good close up photos of YOUR board of that area might reveal something or a direction to evaluate for some further testing.

BOARD FUNCTIONS:

LwS84RE.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/LwS84RE.jpg

73's de Edd

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
Welcome to EP,

Let me add,
Most probably if the IC's on the board do get the correct voltages(5v ,3.3v ,1.8v),
then it would be safe to say that some, if not all ,are "fried".:(
In this case get a new device,repairing it isn't economical .

shadyahmad

Sep 14, 2017
Sir shadyahmad . . . . .

If you had knowledgeable and competent technically oriented friends evaluating the unit, they would have known that the recurrent tic-tic-tic is indicating an overload on one of its switching supplies.
On my marked up drawing, the top left quadrant's YELLOW area in the incoming power connector area is the area to be checked out..
Your initial power input would have been line filtered and then cascaded down thru 3.3---1.8-----1VDC lower voltage level supplies.
SOME good close up photos of YOUR board of that area might reveal something or a direction to evaluate for some further testing.

BOARD FUNCTIONS:

LwS84RE.jpg

73's de Edd
Dear Sir 73's de Edd,
thank you so much for your reply, i will let them know that and check the highlighted area.
thanks again,
regards
shadiahmad

shadyahmad

Sep 14, 2017
Welcome to EP,

Let me add,
Most probably if the IC's on the board do get the correct voltages(5v ,3.3v ,1.8v),
then it would be safe to say that some, if not all ,are "fried".:(
In this case get a new device,repairing it isn't economical .

Dear dorke,

thank you so much for your advice, i hope my device can be repaired, i will try then if it cannot i will bye new one :(
thanks again,
regards
shadiahmad

NAWAID FAROOQUE

Nov 7, 2017
Dears,
Good day to you,
I'm not a technician, I don't have also any background in electronics.

The case is that I have H96 Pro + TV box, by mistake I have connected the tv box to 12V/0.35A adapter instead of its 5V/0.3A adapter, I heard a sound "tek tek tek", I removed the cable immediately, after that the TV box never power on again, I gave it to two technicians of my friends but they could not find the problem, they said that power reaches all parts.

My question is, what is the common damage/fault in the device specified in this case? what are the affected parts?

Thanks in advance

my best regards
Shadi
Sir shadyahmad . . . . .

BOARD FUNCTIONS:

LwS84RE.jpg

73's de Edd
h
Sir shadyahmad . . . . .

BOARD FUNCTIONS:

LwS84RE.jpg

73's de Edd
Hello
exactly the happened to my device, i have checked my ic is not working where i could get these ic (DC-E2H and A66MG).
waiting for your kind reply