Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Ultrasonic Cleaner Isonic P4820 not working

JackJ

Jan 9, 2018
I got this cleaner from Amazon and didn't use it right away. Finally a week ago I tried to use it, but I didn't hear the buzzing sound it should make. I took it apart and found that transducer broke of the bottom of the tank. I took it apart, clean it and glue it together using Epoxy Steel. After connecting all the parts and adding some water I was praying to get lucky. No luck. Transducer is not making any vibrations. Any help will be appreciated.

Sincerely JackJ

Attachments

• Jan 08 005.JPG
    Jan 08 005.JPG
    297.1 KB · Views: 122
  • Jan 06 001.jpg
    Jan 06 001.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 126
  • Jan 06a 002.JPG
    Jan 06a 002.JPG
    243.5 KB · Views: 117

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Classic case of 'shouldn't have touched it' and returned it under warranty.

Sure the transducer is in contact with the base? If it's not then the sound waves certainly won't make the 'air gap' jump. Silicon doesn't help either UNLESS the transducer is securely fixed to the base as it will only absorb the sonics.

With it operational, press the transducer 'hard' against the basin and see if you get any bubbles forming - if so this will prove the concept I mentioned.

If not, you may have a problem with the electronics. Let us know.

JackJ

Jan 9, 2018
Thanks for fast reply. Originally there was a layer of dry epoxy on transducer when I was cleaning it. 30-day warranty offered by Amazon was long gone, so the only option I got was to ship it to Chicago, which would cost me almost the same as a new cleaner. That's the reason I decided to fix it. I did it the same way as was shown on YouTube videos installing transducer on the boat. If metal surface of the transducer has to be touching metal bottom of the tank, than I have to do it again. Thank for advice

JackJ

Jan 9, 2018
Well. I did remove transducer and clean it, but is not vibrating? Is there any way I can test transducer alone?

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Check its continuity. If it measures low ohms then it's probably ok and the fault could be in the control board.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Yup, got that one wrong.... I was looking at the pictures and thought I saw a 'winding' - they are, as you suggest, piezo disks. You'd need to 'scope the signal across them to see if they're working.