Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Underground Fence transmitter

Jared43758

Jul 7, 2014
My transmitter has three setting. A,b,c. I'm using a 1000 feet of wire so it's suppose to be on B. It quit working and I know the wire doesn't have a break. I opened the box up and found a fly on two resistors. I kinda think it shorted it out. I'll post pics of wiring. The fly was on d2, and D3. They both still have the same resistance but quickly I jumped a wire across d3 wire it was plugged in and wires hooked up and it started working. Do I need a new resistor there? I'm sure leaving It jumped would be a bad idea

Jared43758

Jul 7, 2014
Don't look a where the arrow is, it's for some other problem a guy had and I just borrowed his picimage.jpg

Jared43758

Jul 7, 2014
I jumped a wire across d 3 and nothing happened, I jumped across d2 and it starting working.

Jared43758

Jul 7, 2014
I guess they might not be resistors. Maybe diodes or something. I obviously know little. Someone help

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
You are bypassing a Diode. Probably not the best idea you could have had...
Diodes are commonly used to prevent current flow in the wrong direction, shorting it with wire could damage your circuit. This should never be done if you don't understand your circuit.
Do you have a picture of the underside of the board?

Please take a look at:
https://www.electronicspoint.com/resources/how-to-take-photos-of-circuit-boards.6/
and
https://www.electronicspoint.com/resources/photos-with-phones.27/
I noticed you had your flash on your first pic...

Jared43758

Jul 7, 2014
When it's on a or B Is doesn't make a loop and beeps. If u put it on C it will say its makes a loop. It won't beep and the lights will be on but the collars won't work. And u can read from pic C is for 1300-2400 ft of wire. If that helps at all

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
When it's on a or B Is doesn't make a loop and beeps. If u put it on C it will say its makes a loop. It won't beep and the lights will be on but the collars won't work. And u can read from pic C is for 1300-2400 ft of wire. If that helps at all
Pic C is a duplicate of Pic A ;)

From your post above about measuring resistance... You can only reliably do so if you disconnect one of the leads of the part you wish to measure, or you'll end up measuring the rest of the circuit as well... This is common for most functions on a multi-meter. (With the exception of voltage)
The parts you refer to are diodes and are not in fact resistors. (Resistors are the larger ones with color bands on either side of D2 and D3)

If you don't mind waiting a bit, I'll sit down later tonight to look at some of the parts closer unless someone else beats me to it.

Jared43758

Jul 7, 2014
I had another transmitter and I swapped diodes out and it didn't do any good. Still does the same thing. It'll say its making loop in setting C but does not send any signal through wire to make the collars work. My other box will only work though a and it doesn't give a wide spread from the wire.