Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Unknown Cable

zeroalliance

Nov 26, 2013
I would like to know how i can find an adapter for this type of cable. I dont know where to connect this cable and it needs an adapter to connect it to the wall. One tip is round. The cable is from a gingerbread house lighting for decoration.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• cable.jpg
    cable.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 126

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
that's what I was thinking as well, Steve, a standard speaker DIN plug

but then he was mentioning plugging it into the wall ... Im assuming mains power ...

I them have to assume its got larger pins than a speaker DIN just happen to be the same format.
Dont think I have ever seen a power point that takes that style of plug

Dave

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I've seen these plugs used for 24VAC for Christmas lights. I have a number with a matching socket on the power brick.

I also had a 12V halogen light which had this sort of connection (and it was really unreliable...)

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
OK ... I guess he really needs to confirm what voltage he's putting through the connector

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
As this plug is from a gingerbread house lighting, I assume it is low voltage (for safety). The adapter he is asking for is probably a wall wart with a DIN plug for output. This is unusual, but I have such an adapter for an IKEA lamp.

If this is the case, we need to know the voltage and power (amperes or watts). It may be difficult to buy an adapter with DIN receptacle. Yyou could use one of the sockets pointed to by Steve and replace the wall wart's standard plug with it. Observe the polarity.