Maker Pro
Maker Pro

UPS - mains voltage / output voltage not synchronized

Pascalou

Jun 27, 2017
Hello everyone,

I hope I write in the right place of the site. My question is about an UPS (Uninterruptible Power Systems) Claude Lyons. An indicator has started to flash, it indicates that "the UPS is operating from the mains, but the output voltage is not synchronized with the main voltage".

I would like to know if someone knows this system? And is there a way to synnchronize these two voltages or if it doesn´t
matter to work in this condotion.

Thanks by advance.

Pascal.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I would like to know if someone knows this system?

not off hand .... do you have a model ?

And is there a way to synchronize these two voltages or if it doesn´t
matter to work in this condition.

I cant see why it would matter .... as far as I'm aware, synchronisation is only needed when bringing 2 AC voltages together
a particular example would be synch'ing generators in a power station

ramussons

Jun 10, 2014
Hello everyone,

I hope I write in the right place of the site. My question is about an UPS (Uninterruptible Power Systems) Claude Lyons. An indicator has started to flash, it indicates that "the UPS is operating from the mains, but the output voltage is not synchronized with the main voltage".

I would like to know if someone knows this system? And is there a way to synnchronize these two voltages or if it doesn´t
matter to work in this condotion.

Thanks by advance.

Pascal.

If yours is an "Online" UPS, its output voltage and frequency is not dependent on the Input. It will have it's own Frequency and Output Voltage, both which can be set.

But, as mentioned in the earlier post, the make and Model Number will be helpful in getting better information.