Maker Pro
Maker Pro

URGENT: my son's halloween will be ruined!

t guy

Oct 30, 2015
Trying to be a good dad here, but put the project off a bit too long and now have to finish his robot costume by the morning. I'm building a small circuit from components to make an LED flash with sound (so his robot costume will make sound and light up). I'm using the circuit labeled A in the picture below, and it works...but only with the volume turned up very load. Since he will have a speaker on the costume and it will be in his school, it can't be too loud. Is there a modification I could make to this circuit (ie change out a resistor or two) to make it more sensitive to the input? Or, I have some PNP and a NPN transistor left over, could I build a pre-amp? Any help would be MUCH appreciated, because it's got to get done tonight!
Thanks,
Guy
MusicToColour-1.gif

t guy

Oct 30, 2015
Crisis averted...I used circuit B shown in the same picture and that did the trick!

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
Since it's too late lol

To adjust sensitivity, use a potentiometer (providing there's high enough gain to begin with) infact that 10k resistor on picture A, the dc bias resistor could be lowered for more sensitivity. .. i'm going to have to build that circuit myself when i get the time