Maker Pro
Maker Pro

USB write protection

canactech

Jul 7, 2009
Hi.
Maybe I'm not at the right place for my problem so you could told me where I should go.

Here's my problem.

We have numerous USB flash memory that we give to new employees. The write protection is active so nobody could overwrite the video presentation on the keys. Now we want to used these keys for inside uses but the Write protection caused us a problem.

There is no switchs on the keys and the write protection is not software because I've tried many software that are supposed to pass over it with no results. is it possible to bypass the write protection in a simple way?

The keys are composed of two IC's. One controller CMB2091 and one NAND flash memory HY27UU08AG5A.

I have no information about the company builder of the keys and even no board number.

Thanks in advance for all the help you could give me.

Canactech.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Interesting problem.

I have a USB stick that decided to go "write protect" on me. If you figure out how to un-write protect them, that would be useful for me too.

Sorry, I can't offer any help on this one.

canactech

Jul 7, 2009
Thank you Coca-Cola for the information. I've tried it but I always received an error message "write CFG table error". When I clock OK the window closed and I could't go farther.