Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Use diode to attach multiple circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einstein Jr.

Oct 21, 2014
Would it be possible to use a diode to attach to circuits together in order that circuit A would not flow into any of circuit B's pieces but B could use A's (in this case an anttena.)

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Hi there Albert :) Welcome to Electronics Point.

How about you tell us more about your project.

It's very difficult to answer an abstract question. Much better to describe the whole project - what are you trying to achieve? What parts have you already decided on? Start from the beginning and tell us your ultimate aims.

Einstein Jr.

Oct 21, 2014
Hi, Ok I am making an FM transmitter like the one in the attachment called "schematic". But I wanted my transmitter to not only transmit basic microphone but also I wanted the option of a super amplified microphone like a sonic ear, and the option of a FM radio jammer. What I thought was that I could put a three option switch where MIC 1 would usually be and attach the MIC to one, the jammer to one and the bionic ear to the other. However, I don't want to have to have three antennas and three frequency capacitors, two mics etc. Therefore I thought there might be some way to use the same mic and antenna by somehow putting a diode from one of the switch options to the microphone to where still only one circuit was used but the same microphone could be used. If you are totaly lost about what I said I am sorry. You will just have to tell me so I can reword it again.

Attachments

• Schematic.JPG
    Schematic.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 174
  • Simple-FM-Radio-Jammer-Circuit-Diagram.jpg
    Simple-FM-Radio-Jammer-Circuit-Diagram.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 130

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
That Jammer puts out a carrier and does no more to "Jam" than your transmitter.
The transmitter circuit has all the wrong values and you can see the faults listed on Talking Electronics website.

Einstein Jr.

Oct 21, 2014
What do you mean about wrong values - where in the talking electronics site please?

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
What do you mean about wrong values - where in the talking electronics site please?
google it :)
Where did you get your schematic?

[mod edited :) ]

Last edited by a moderator:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010

I concur with this. You've got a large web site Colin. A link to the exact page would be most useful.

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
"I concur with this. You've got a large web site Colin. A link to the exact page would be most useful."

I posted a link in the other 3 forums and they banned me for life.

Jealousy is a curse.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
As a side note ....

Colin, We don't mind you linking to a specific page of your site if it is directly related to the thread topic/question asked by the OP

its just when people blatantly advertise their site that gets up our collective noses ;)
So always keep it specific and you will have no problems on Electronics Point :)

Dave

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Mr. Einstein, we (the moderators) want to make sure you know that transmitting without a license, and especially jamming other transmissions, may be illegal and could get you fined or prosecuted. It's not difficult for authorities to locate a transmitter.

Also, like other illegal activities, its discussion is banned on Electronics Point.

We don't know whether this is your intention or not. We're warning you, "just in case".

Thanks.

Einstein Jr.

Oct 21, 2014
No this in not my intention at all. My transmitter's range I plan to make less than 1/4mile which complies with FCC rules part 15. The jammer was something I found and was hopping to put it into my circuit with a range of two or three yards to tease my neighbor when they listen to loud music on the radio. This whole project is just to educate me about radio waves and radio.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
The jammer was something I found and was hopping to put it into my circuit with a range of two or three yards to tease my neighbor when they listen to loud music on the radio. This whole project is just to educate me about radio waves and radio.
This is exactly what is illegal. You may not interfere with anyone's ability to receive radio signals.

Bob

Einstein Jr.

Oct 21, 2014
ok than I guess I won't be doing this anymore. Thank you for the info though.

Status
Not open for further replies.