Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Using PSU to vape???

LectricCircuit

Apr 7, 2017
so I've seen a few videos where people use a computer psu to vape with as a passthrough mod. Watching the numerous videos they simply use the wires from the 24 pin molex connector to wire everything up. The green wire (on) connects to any black wire (ground) to trick the psu into thinking it's connected to the motherboard so it will turn on. Next they simply use the yellow wire (+12v) and another black wire (ground) as their positive and negative inputs. After they connect the inputs in the vape box, they start vaping. Easy as that. From all the videos I've seen that is. So I did all of what I described. I used a switch to connect the green and black wires so I can use it as a manual on off switch for safety purposes. When I plug the psu in the green LED turns on (solid) then I turn the safety switch on and the fan kicks on and the green LED starts flashing. So with it all wired into the vape box and everything powered up, I push the fire button on the vape aaaaaand nothing. The psu goes into safety mode and the fan shuts off. I have to turn my safety switch I installed off and then back on for the psu fan to turn back on. So I tested it on smaller thing like an LED and a D.C. Motor instead of a vape mod and those worked perfectly fine. I know vapes use a lot of Amps so I'm thinking it probably has to do with too much current. I build my own coils for my vape atomizer so I built coils with a really high resistance, about 2 ohms, so it won't draw that many amps but it still goes into safety mode right away. Not sure why all these other people can hook right up to it and vape with a coil at 0.5 ohms with no problems. Any ideas?