Maker Pro
Maker Pro

V510 inspection station

ankitgunv

Jan 5, 2024
My company recently acquired the Vitrox-V510 Optical Inspection Station, equipped with the 'V510 Series' software. However, I've noticed that the software appears to be outdated and doesn't meet modern standards. It lacks a comprehensive component library and has limited functionality. While I'm currently studying the user manual to gain a better understanding of the system, I'm reaching out here for assistance. If anyone has experience using this machine, I would greatly appreciate any insights or advice.

I am currently facing challenges with the Vitrox V510 inspection station, specifically, I am having difficulty inspecting through-hole resistors as the system lacks an option for this. While it excels at recognizing numbers or alphabets, it appears to lack intelligence concerning resistor band identification and component polarity.

Additionally, if my question is inappropriate for the site, I sincerely apologize. I would be truly grateful if anyone could direct me to any leads or resources related to the V510 Optical Inspection Station.V510 Inspection.jpg

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
I take it you've approached the OEM for assistance? Do you have all the user manuals etc?

Does the system allow for 'learning'? In which case you'd have no choice but to show it parts and let it do its thing.

ankitgunv

Jan 5, 2024
Yes, I did but they seem not to respond. I do have the manuals for the equipment which I am using to understand the system better. no, it does not have a learning mode I am just looking at the manual and giving it a try for a month now

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
You say it lacks a 'comprehensive component library'. Do we therefore take it as read that there is some sort of library there now? If this is the case it will reside in its own file/folder and an inspection of the contents may give some insight as to how such a component is designated and thus give you an idea where to develop your own.