Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Vacuum Pump -> Mechanical Switch -> UV light timer -> turn off Pump?

NeatOman

Jul 26, 2022
I have a vacuum pump that flips a mechanical vacuum switch when the job is ready and then turns on a relay timer for a UV light. I'm stuck where the pump stays on after the light turns off. Is there a magic relay that turns off after it senses power off?

CircutScoper

Mar 29, 2022
I have a vacuum pump that flips a mechanical vacuum switch when the job is ready and then turns on a relay timer for a UV light. I'm stuck where the pump stays on after the light turns off. Is there a magic relay that turns off after it senses power off?

A relay that's energized by a momentary contact, then holds itself in, then drops out when the power turns off, will do that.

This should work if I correctly guessed what you need. Mashing the pushbutton energizes RLY 1 whose B contact holds itself on until the timer comes on. Then RLY2 shuts RLY 1 off while keeping the pump running until the timer runs out.

That shuts every thing down until the next button push.
VACCPUMP.GIF

CircutScoper

Mar 29, 2022
It's becoming increasingly evident that responding to these requests for design help is a waste of time and effort.

NeatOman

Jul 26, 2022
It's becoming increasingly evident that responding to these requests for design help is a waste of time and effort.
Not at all! sorry for the late response, just got home as was giving myself a headache figuring it out lol. I'm going to wire it up sometime tomorrow and give it a run. Seriously appreciated

CircutScoper

Mar 29, 2022
VACCPUMP.GIF I'm sure there's (at least) one connection to the timer I neglected to show. Apologies for that and any other errors.

Last edited: