Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Velleman Pic programmer k4048 issue

Ayrton_MC117

Jun 16, 2018
Hey folks!

I just started to get into the old electronics DIY maze and have so far built a few easy things, but i decided to dip my toes into the world of programming, only to get an understanding rather than to actually become a programmer, but anyway, my problem is not with the actual hardware, the connections all work and the thing runs fine with the correct power source (17 volt power supply, another fella told me to use that) ,but when i try to write the pre uploaded program that comes with the software I'm met with "error writing to PIC" now i got this to work the one time and it did all the stuff that it was supposed to do, but now when i try to re write the software back onto the thing I'm getting the errors and nothing i try will get it to work, part of me is thinking that i have damaged the pic by removing the power before putting it into standby, and so i have ordered new pics to test once they get here, if anyone has any ideas or has experience with these devices could you please offer me some wisdom the software itself is ancient and runs on windows XP so I'm not too worried its more just for furthering my edamucations.

Many Thanks people

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
ISTR there was an issue with the speed at which the writing process was done. Is there a setting by which this can be reduced?

Ayrton_MC117

Jun 16, 2018
Kellys_eye, you are a genius. That worked. Thank you so much! I just reduced it to mid way in the hardware configuration and set the hardware delay to about seven it was on zero previously!!! Thank you so much!!!!

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
No problem - I think it may have something to do with WinXP and it's relatively slow access to the serial port (could be talking BS here! but I think there are similar issues accessing the serial port when using Visual Basic) as the same software seems to work just fine on a more powerful PC running Win7.