Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Verbatim wireless media share

Ukziggy

Sep 27, 2016
I have carried out an installation in which I have fitted the verbatim media wireless media share unit into my car along with an external hard drive.

The verbatim is powered and powers up as it should it also reads all the data etc off the external hard drive and sends the data or in this case streams videos to the tablets that I have had paired up with the verbatim 98243.

All the above works fine and I have no interference or anything as such. The only issue I find is when using the vertabim 98243 after about half hour or 45 mins the vertabim 98243 unit will automatically go into standby mode meaning it just switches off by it self.

So I then have to push the on button to switch it back on!
Any ideas why this is happening why does the unit automatically just go into standby after sometime even when the videos are being streamed off the vertabim 98243??

I have attached a picture of the setup so you may have a better understanding..

Thanks

Attachments

• 20161001_144205.jpg
    20161001_144205.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 52

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
I looked quickly for documents on your media share and found that it's got an internal battery, and no mention of 'stand-by' anywhere in the setup or use documents.
My suggestion would be to turn on the car and begin streaming to the tablets. Watch the Verbatim and observe the battery level LED. The unit *should* give you a charging indication, and when it reaches the 30-45 min mark where it shuts-off, it should begin to blink it's LED as it is shutting down.
Once you can identify what the unit is going through, we can move on to more troubleshooting...
Does the verbatim have constant power, or is it switched via 'accessory' or 'ignition' in the car?