Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Very simple switch/inputs help

Photon

Nov 1, 2015
Hello again

I have few ATmega 8 and 328 chips with external oscillators 16KHz, also an arduino board with the inbuilt 328.
LavaGuava had attempted helping by writing up a code for me, but ive had issues and want to take different approach at program.

My goal is to create a program to control a set of power transformers/ relays in a switch formation to car ignition, so that after receiving 3 input pulses of 12v or less it would activate an output (power transformer - relay) to start the engines crank.

the complex part is the program needs to receive other override signal/sensors that will prevent electrical engine crank depending on their N/O N/C states. example, car gear lever in gear, or handbreak not enguaged. These are simple for me to do, only need help with programming side.

another input is a 12v supply when the engine is running to kill the start/procedure so it dosent grind the starter cogs. finding and identifying these wires i will also easily do, just need help finding where they come into the circuit.

Before i posted this thread, id drawn up some complicated relay/ transistor switch schematics but failed. this seems like a simple circuit to design but my electronics is rusty after 3 years away from.

Any help really appreciated