Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Vizio 55 iinch LED 4K TV

barryt547

Jan 24, 2022
My Vizio 55 inch 4K smart TV has light black "blotches" in different areas on the screen. How can this be corrected? I already unplugged the TV, held the power button in for 5 seconds, plugged the TV power cable back in, powered the TV up, reset the settings to factory, but the screen still has those light black areas Does anyone have any ideas or is the TV at it's end of life? The TV is about 5 years old. The power board was replaced last Feb 2021 and all was good. Around the end of March 2021, these light black areas started to appear.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Surprisingly this could be a simple case of 'dirt'. The large plastic sheets used as diffusers for the backlight are prone to developing a static electric charge which attracts dust to such an extent that patches of darkness can appear.

The other (obvious) reason is LED failure - which can be mitigated to some extent by the driving circuitry but is also indicative of imminent failure.

In either circumstance you would have to disassemble the screen to clean and/or replace. I've taken many 40-inch screens apart for repair and it's quite nerve wracking so trying this with a 50-inch+ set....... plan on purchasing some diapers.