Maker Pro
Maker Pro

vizio sv320xvt problem

wteeples

Feb 18, 2013
I'm working on a vizio sv320xvt need some help. When I turn it on, back light comes on for 7 seconds then a black screen and the vizio stays white. During the 7 seconds screen is dull grey. Power supply seems to be ok out to main brd, only one pin coming back from main brd. with ? voltage. I think that pin is the bl on pin, back from main board. Also pins out from main brd. to Tcon board have between .05 to 1.8 volts. I can't find any schematics so I have no info on what the voltages should be, I'm guessing anywhere from 3.3 to 12 volts. I did switch out the back light inverter brd. , no change. I'm down to the main brd. is probably bad. I have ordered one from ShopJimmy and it will be here soon. I would like to try to repair the old Main brd. After quit alot of searching I'm finding that main board problem is probably capasitors or transformers or both. Any input or info would be appreciated!!

Thanks wteeples

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
First thing to check are the capacitors at the output of the power supply.

Replace them with 105C low ESR capacitors of similar capacitance and equal or higher voltage.