Maker Pro
Maker Pro

VOICE ACTIVATED DOOR LOCK

rishinaidusrm

Jun 9, 2011
hi......
Plz can someone help in making a VOICE ACTIVATED SWITCH OR DOOR LOCK which recognise the speaker voice and works.It should identify the speaker.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
thats no easy project.
1) you are going to need some sort of PC with voice recognition software. Its going to have to have the ability to record the voice of the person authorised to activate the cct.
2) Then have a look on the www for switching hardware that can be controlled by the USB or printer port interface.

There may be very compact commercial systems available but they are likely to be reasonably expensive.

Dave

poor mystic

Apr 8, 2011
or unreasonably expensive
I know there are chips that are designed to be trained to a voice and 'hear' what is being said - you could use one of those with a code phrase. But what a huge job I think it would be for an individual to get one of those systems up-and-running

daddles

Jun 10, 2011
The lock part is easy, as there are a variety of electrical locks (basically just a solenoid). The voice recognition is hard and you'll likely need some significant software skills to get something working reliably and with vanishingly small errors. You might find it much easier to use some other kind of unlocking function -- for example, use someone's fingerprint, as the hardware for those detectors are available. You might even find that recognizing a video image of the person at the door might be doable with some software that's out there on the web (I'm assuming some research group somewhere has put some open source stuff out there). But, again, these tasks might take some significant software ability.

poor mystic

Apr 8, 2011
Can I suggest - that maybe it would work for you to use a fingerprint scanner. These are said to be easy to use, and are very available.