Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Voice recognition

Elwingo

Jan 19, 2023
Hi I'm an extreme novice and just trying to find out if there is voice recognition for gift cards ie. "what's your name"?. My name is John. "hello John Happy birthday etc. Or something similar
[mod edit: removed bold font]

Last edited by a moderator:

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
You can buy voice recognition modules (example), but I don't know any small enough for a gift card.

Elwingo

Jan 19, 2023
Thanks Harald. Have you used this yourself?. Is there a Web site where I could get more info for a dummy

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
No, I haven't used this.

Speech recognition is now part of our life, but it still requires a certain amount of computing power, that's why it still requires comparatively large hardware.
Apart from simply recognizing the speech the sftware will then have to analyze the answer to extract the name. Difficult with small hardware as the spectrum of possible answers is almost infinite ("I'm John", "My name is John", "I'm called John", "John", ...). The the software needs to insert the extracted name into the answer and generate the "spoken" answer.

Elwingo

Jan 19, 2023
No, I haven't used this.

Speech recognition is now part of our life, but it still requires a certain amount of computing power, that's why it still requires comparatively large hardware.
Apart from simply recognizing the speech the sftware will then have to analyze the answer to extract the name. Difficult with small hardware as the spectrum of possible answers is almost infinite ("I'm John", "My name is John", "I'm called John", "John", ...). The the software needs to insert the extracted name into the answer and generate the "spoken" answer.
Thank you for the info

dragon

Oct 31, 2022
You can do it with an arduino, but u have to know the software involved.