Maker Pro
Maker Pro

voltage fluctuations

cyberteen

Dec 4, 2011
hi all,

I have a desktop pc at my home. Sice a few days, i am experiencing voltage fluctuations in my home, due to which my pc gets instantly restarted. I have an Numeric Digital 600 AV UPS connected to it. But the ups has lost battery power nor does it prevent my pc from restarting.

Also, i have an inverter in my home through which i can run the pc during power failure.
But at the instant when the main power failure, the computer restarts and then starts running with the help of the inverter.

So guys, i need a solution so as to prevent the pc from restarting during power failure and voltage fluctuations. Pls help.:confused::(

Thanks in advance

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
The best bet would be to get a new battery for your UPS.

It is also possible that your PC's power supply is getting a bit marginal.

cyberteen

Dec 4, 2011
i got a spare voltage stabiliser, ones which r used for refrigerators and t.v.
since i can run my pc during power failures, what about using that stabiliser to prevent power surges. so that i can run my pc during the fluctuations and at the event of power failure. will it work?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
The voltage stabiliser (a surge protector?) may help stop surges, but it won't keep the PC running during a brief power outage.

cyberteen

Dec 4, 2011
Does my(or any) ups require a battery to protect pc from voltage spikes ?

Last edited:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
A UPS does not necessarily protect your PC from voltage spikes. Its entire purpose is to continually produce AC (full-time UPS) or start to produce AC when the power fails (standby UPS).

If there are spikes or surges while your device is being powered from the mains it may let them right through.

On the other hand, it may have additional circuitry to protect your device (and itself) from spikes and surges.

You can only tell by looking at the specifications.

Will D

Mar 14, 2012
Hi Cybeteen
You need to get UPS battery, What you are asking won't be possible without UPS.