Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Volume control for portable music player project help/advice.

Kr4g

Jun 16, 2018
Hey guys, I'm just starting out a little project around a little 5v decoder module that supports MP3/WMA/WAV/FLAC and would like to maybe add a small headphone amp, or maybe just volume control if it has enough gain already as I believe it has a built in amp? but I'm not 100% sure as I cannot find any schematics for it. So I'm not sure how to add volume control?

The board all I know is its a TE760 with Bluetooth.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BT-Audio...m=153018479030&_trksid=p2060778.c100290.m3507

TE760-_E-10-main1.jpg

As I'd like it to be a portable unit I have scavenged 2 USB power banks that I thought I may be able to use the circuitry to add charging and power/battery as there 5v in/out, maybe use the 18650 batteries or maybe go Li-Po? I'm not sure if that circuity to charge Li-Po but I could scavenge some bits from an old drone charger.

The USB power banks. 5v In mini USB, 5v out USB.
20180616_133914.jpg

Any advice, tips would be great this is my first non kit project.

Thanks.

Kr4g.

Kr4g

Jun 16, 2018
Little update it runs just fine off a USB power bank, but there's no volume control, it doesn't sound too bad but could do with sound quality is great but its not loud enough for me, so any advice on a headphone amp would be great.

Ive been looking at RA1 Clones and CMoy amps but would like it as small as possible and all to run of a single battery.

Thanks.

Kr4g.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Did it come with instructions? There is a mode button. Perhaps one of the modes is volume control via two buttons, up and down. And what does the EQ button do? There is also an unmarked 3 hole connector that might very well be for a volume pot.

Bob

Kr4g

Jun 16, 2018
Did it come with instructions? There is a mode button. Perhaps one of the modes is volume control via two buttons, up and down. And what does the EQ button do? There is also an unmarked 3 hole connector that might very well be for a volume pot.

Bob

Hey Bob thanks for your reply, unfortunately all I received was the board no instructions, the mode button cycles through Bluetooth, Radio, SD/USB inputs all with a Chinese lady saying something and the EQ button cycles pre set EQ levels.

Kr4g.

Kr4g

Jun 16, 2018
Had a bit more of a play around and found out the if you long press next it raises the volume and long press back for volume down.

So problem solved!

I still may build a small headphone preamp with an alpine pot for easier volume control as i like that analogue feel =P.

Kr4g.