Maker Pro
Maker Pro

VR5510 PMIC module

electronicsLearner77

Jul 2, 2015
I am referring to the VR5510 data sheet https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/VR5510.pdf
My understanding of the IC is to provide different voltages to different sections of the board, and the input is from a DC source. One clarification is if i see the pin out diagram and if i read the data sheet,
upload_2022-7-26_22-42-3.png
there are signals like LDO1_IN, LDO2_IN, but why should there be these input signals, there shall only be LDO outputs, which will provide power to several components on the board and get power inputs from VSUP1 and VSUP2. Please help.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
LDO (low drop out) regulators are part of the device and are independent entities that have (or can have) their own source supplies that are separate from anything else. These might be necessary to power other in-car systems that require their own regulated source supply and, being of the LDO-type, can be taken from inputs that are pretty close to the output voltage.

Typical examples of such supplies might be stable, regulated voltages to analogue sensors (O2, Lambda etc) that are fed back to A2D converters elsewhere.