Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wall heater went out

Rob Pearson

Jun 18, 2014
I noticed some jeans I had in the dryer weren't completely dry and I put them on a hanger over my bathroom wall heater. The heater stopped working shortly after that. This happened to me a while ago and I remember the heater started working again. This time it's been three days and it hasn't. It's easy to remove and I actually bought it and had it installed from a hardware store. Does anyone know what might have caused this and if it's fixable?

Last edited:

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Thermal overload.

Some have auto-resetting protection devices, others have thermal 'fuses' which need to be physically replaced. Some may even have both......

The thermal fuse devices look like little silver 'sausages' with wire ends and are normally crimped into the circuit (soldering causes them to open anyway). They can be replaced but it's probably cheaper and easier to get another heater.

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
Thermal fuses are usually one-shot deal, so if they open, they don't usually reset and work all off a sudden.
Did replacing the heater element cure it and it has been working ever since??
Or what is it you actually had replaced?
M.

Rob Pearson

Jun 18, 2014
Thermal fuses are usually one-shot deal, so if they open, they don't usually reset and work all off a sudden.
Did replacing the heater element cure it and it has been working ever since??
Or what is it you actually had replaced?
M.

I guess I got lucky the time it didn't turn on and then eventually did again. I didn't open it up. I bought a whole new replacement earlier.

Thanks for the info on the fuses.