Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wall wart replace to run on batteries

nickxp

Mar 11, 2013
Ok I have some studio can head phones that need a wall wart to power their isolation and larger drivers. I want to make a smallish battery pack to power these as well. I have pictures below any ideas or help don't want to mess up some pretty high end cans by trying to rig it without some help from some pros

Here is what I have got

Wall wart and power out

NICKXP23

E7C11059-591A-4838-BCFE-8968C244BA98-10792-000004A457BFB72C.jpg

Any ideas would be great. I know you guys are the best

Thanks
Nick

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I would try 2 D cells in series.

nickxp

Mar 11, 2013
Sorry I am a total nub on this. And these are rare studio cans that have a build in isolation function that takes a wall wart power supply and want to make them mobile. So iam being very careful I am alright with soildering but really worried I have heard nightmares about one wrong move with this or crossed wire and they are done.

nickxp

Mar 11, 2013
So can you make it very basic instructions. I know it should be hard but just can risk it but know with good instruction I can do this right and do it right the first time. Also weight isn't a big deal bc can sit in my mailbag style bag

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I would first get a holder for 2 D cells, solder the appropriate power connector onto it (watch polarity), insert the batteries, and plug it in.

There is always a risk (getting the polarity wrong would be a bad one) but I think it's fairly minimal if you don't make the big one.

If that works then you can consider (say) a pair of rechargeable batteries, but a pair of non-rechargeable D cells is a cheap way to test.

The big question is... What will happen as the batteries go flat?

Another one is: How long will they last? If you can measure the current drawn by these devices then we can make an estimate of how long the batteries will last.

If the device misbehaves badly as the batteries go flat then you may need something a little more complex than the simple 2 battery solution.

nickxp

Mar 11, 2013
If this drains quickly is there a longer last like RC Battery I could rig up