Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Want Guidance for my Arduino Networking

Hamid Zajkani

Feb 18, 2017
Hello Dears ,

I want to make a wireless connection projects that have a star network. Or, Point to Multi-Point.

With Arduino I want to make it, for agricultural purposes, for a distance about of 3500 meters.

I have 20 slave node and 1 Master.

With regard to the question of what kind of modules do you recommend?

is suitable NRF24L01 module for this project??

Thanks for your Help

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
With nodes at that distance from each other, they will almost certainly require high gain antennas at the remote nodes.

It is thus also very probable that the remote nodes will not be able to hear each other. In this case, any form of collision sensing is likely to be totally ineffective.

You will probably need to employ polling of the remote nodes.

There are networking libraries for the nrf24l01 chipset. I would suggest looking more deeply into the to determine if they support the topology you need and nodes which can't hear each other.

Hamid Zajkani

Feb 18, 2017
With nodes at that distance from each other, they will almost certainly require high gain antennas at the remote nodes.

It is thus also very probable that the remote nodes will not be able to hear each other. In this case, any form of collision sensing is likely to be totally ineffective.

You will probably need to employ polling of the remote nodes.

There are networking libraries for the nrf24l01 chipset. I would suggest looking more deeply into the to determine if they support the topology you need and nodes which can't hear each other.

first Thank you very much ,

Yes nodes are not hear each other .
and whats your meaning about this sentence "You will probably need to employ polling of the remote nodes." ?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Polling, as in the master asks each node in order "do you have anything for me?"