Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wanted: Wanted - copy of ETI magazine “Project Electronics”

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgilmore

Apr 30, 2019
Back in the late 1970s, the Australian electronics magazine ETI published a collection of electronics projects under the title “Project Electronics”. The magazine is long-defunct and I can’t find second-hand copies anywhere. If anyone has a copy they could scan / sell, I’d be greatly appreciative. Thanks.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Hi, is it specifically the magazine you want or electronic projects?.
If the latter, Colin Mitchell’s ‘Talking Electronics’ web site has hundreds of projects. Incidentally he is in Oz too. He may even be able to help with the magazine you want.

Martin

kgilmore

Apr 30, 2019
Hi, is it specifically the magazine you want or electronic projects?.
If the latter, Colin Mitchell’s ‘Talking Electronics’ web site has hundreds of projects. Incidentally he is in Oz too. He may even be able to help with the magazine you want.

Martin

From a purely nostalgic point of view, the whole magazine would be nice, but as I’ve already located most of the individual projects from online archives of ETI at American Radio History, copies of the projects I don’t have would be acceptable:

* Soil moisture indicator
* Singing moisture meter
* Over-rev alarm
* Car alarm
* Train controller
* Electronic siren

I’ve browsed Colin Mitchell’s excellent site and found the circuit for the basic amplifier. Contacting him directly is definitely an option.

Thanks. :)

kgilmore

Apr 30, 2019
Thanks for that. :) At the end of that Jan 1979 issue, there is a list of ETI projects including some of those included in “Project Electronics”, including for those that were originally published in the magazine the month and year of the magazine in which they first appeared. None of the particular projects I am hunting down weren’t in that issue, but knowing in which back issues to look is definitely helpful. Thanks again.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Also, @kgilmore my local library has microfilm versions of ETI from 1981 to 1988. If you can identify a project and issue I can go in and get a copy (possibly by photographing the screen).

If you can get back to me in the next 4 or 5 hours I may even be able to do it today.

Screenshot_20190512-075921.png

Edit: that's not going to help is it? I may be able to request copies from other libraries if they hold earlier issues, but I can't easily look that up while spending Sunday morning in bed :-D

Edit n: I'm really not drunk (other moderators can see what I mean, for everyone else, just imagine a series of mis-edits, double posts, and general confusion)

Last edited:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Looking further, they have a wider holding (remove "international!")

Screenshot_20190512-082055.png

Although I have reason to believe the earlier issues are VERY incomplete.

Status
Not open for further replies.