Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wanting to Produce Cable - ipad to VGA, HDMI, DVI etc

kal6383

Feb 5, 2013
HELP!

Hi everyone,

I am interested in designing and manufacturing high quality cables for use with iPad and iPhone.

The input would be the Apple 30 Pin Connector and 8 Pin Lightning Connector and the output connector on the otherside of the cable would be either HDMI, VGA, or DVi.

I have the manufacturing contacts to have the cables produced in China, I have access to Apple connectors etc however I have no idea how the cables will work or what is required from a software and hardware point of view in order to get the cables to communicate with the devices on both ends.

If there is anyone who can guide me in the right direction or even recommend contacts who can help me to get working prototypes made I would be most grateful.

I am more than happy to pay my way if there are professionals out there who can assist me with this, if you have any experience of cables, how they work, what is required etc, please do get in touch.

Many thanks.

Khalid

Last edited:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
There are bazzilions of manufacturers for these cables, and I'm sure you'll find the electrical connections required on the web.

If you have no experience with cables, how are you going to do QA to ensure that you get high quality manufacture?

kal6383

Feb 5, 2013
Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Sadly there are very few manufacturers who make these kinds of cables.

If you could name even one that produces the new lightning connector to HDMI or VGA I would be very interested to know.

I can very easily get the QA done because I will be using Apple approved manufacturing factories and Apple approved inspection houses to get that side of things done.

My issue is finding the technical know how of how these cables work and producing working prototypes that I can then take with me to China to get them produced.

At present no Apple approved factory that I know of has developed these hence why I am looking at doing this.

Best Regards