Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Water Damage on Keurig 2.0 Plus

MuchToLearn1234

Sep 2, 2018
I tried to test my Keurig 2.0 plus and I couldn't get some water to drain out, it leaked but I couldn't find where so I just wrapped it in a bag and thought everything would be alright. It reached its destination but it won't even turn on, it's showing no signs of life. The Keurig 2.0 K200 model has a touchscreen and brew button, not that complex. Is there possibly a way I could fix it?

*Sorry this is a Keurig 2.0 K200, shoudl've mentioned that earlier*

Attachments

• rig wet.jpg
    rig wet.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 34
  • sadly.jpg
    sadly.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 31
  • damn.jpg
    damn.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 30

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
what is a keurig and is it supposed to get wet or hold water?

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
You are doing a very bad job of systematically describing what went wrong when, but briefly two of the most common faults are that silicone tubing to the heating element got brittle and cracked, which would cause a leak, and that the thermal fuse to the heating element stopped resetting itself so it needs a new fuse. Do crimp a new fuse on with brass/plated fittings, do not try to solder it directly to the heating element.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
It's a coffee machine - sit it on top of a warm radiator for a day or so until it is thoroughly dry.

THEN test it and report back on your findings.

Of course, if you purchased this new then seek a claim under warranty.

MuchToLearn1234

Sep 2, 2018
what is a Keurig and is it supposed to get wet or hold water?

It is supposed to hold water, so it can brew coffee. There's some water that wouldn't brew out though and it was leaking when I packaged it but I couldn't find where it was so I just packaged it like that. Water leaked everywhere inside and outside of the coffee machine and it damaged some components causing the machine to not even turn on. I'm getting it back in 4-6 days, please don't close/archive this thread yet, thanks.