Maker Pro
Maker Pro

water depth measurement

211ec2074

Jan 22, 2013
hii,
i want to measure the depth of water and display the value at every minute.
please help asap...
thank you..

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
How much range? What type of liquid? How accurate? The more details the better...

A simple float works well and is time proven just like they use for gas tanks in cars... You can attach the float to a lever that rides along a linear digital scale and you can get damn accurate readings to the 100oth of an inch easily... You can also use an ultrasonic distance module and bounce it off the top of the water from a fixed height... Or there are fancy proprietary sensors used in the food and other industries to measure liquid levels, lots of options...

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
you could use pressure if its sealed, a float etc... but no matter what we need to know dimensions of tank or else all you will get is empty,low, full type things maybe if you are lucky a percentage

sirch

Dec 6, 2012
Ultrasonic distance measurement often used in industrial processes

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
there are a few possibilities.if its just depth then the easiest is ultrasonic.

poor mystic

Apr 8, 2011
:)
Others' experience is that the ultrasonic transducer needs to be on the bottom of the tank or pool, so that the reflection is from the surface. Anyway this worked well at Speights brewery in Dunedin with beer as the liquid of interest.
(This interest I mentioned is quite apparent in some "Daves",)

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
:)
Others' experience is that the ultrasonic transducer needs to be on the bottom of the tank or pool, so that the reflection is from the surface. Anyway this worked well at Speights brewery in Dunedin with beer as the liquid of interest.
(This interest I mentioned is quite apparent in some "Daves",)

hahaha

I used to look after the PA paging system throughout that place many moons ago
That takes the memory back a bit

good to see ya online PM :)

Dave