Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Well there's your problem! Can you help me identify this part?

Braeden Hamson

Feb 18, 2016
TL;DR I need to replace what I think is a diode labeled AXJ82

So my brother pulls his Blofeld synthesizer out of his clothset, saying it turns on but does not output audio. I say okay and begin to take a look at it. He points me to a 5K Ω resistor which commonly goes bad. I notice there is continuity on the resistor, which is odd. I also check the trace that is nodal with one side of the resistor and another point nodal to the other end of the resistor again continuity and 0 Ω. So I figure I'd replace that resistor. Then I look at the case of the device which is painted white and I notice 2 big brown blotches and this fried component jumps out at me.

I think it's a diode possible a reverse voltage protection or over voltage protection diode I'm not sure. Its connected between the poles of the power plug. Its connected to the power switch and the power terminal. It says on it AXJ 82 with an "S" with the diode symbol in the middle of the "S" The part is LxWxH 5x3x3 mm. I obviously need to replace this component but I'm not sure what it is. A Google search of AXJ 82 brings me to this page http://www.s-manuals.com/smd/82 its a schottky diode which makes sense. But I'm not sure.

Attachments

• IMG_20180412_094827[1].jpg
    IMG_20180412_094827[1].jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 77