Maker Pro
Maker Pro

What do people stick their self-adhesive breadboards to?

seanspotatobusiness

Sep 11, 2012
I have a couple of breadboards and they both have spongy self-adhesive backings. Searching the Internet suggests to me this might be more common than not. What are people sticking their breadboards to?

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
What are people sticking their breadboards to?

usually not sticking them to anything as I want them to be used to test a circuit then stored away till next time
the last thing I want is to stick them to anything

There would be a reason to stick several to a panel and permanently wire some power rails to external (to the board) terminals
and also for other input and outputs ... to make a full portable test platform

something like this .....

breadboardsm.jpg

cheers
Dave

ModemHead

Dec 2, 2010
I took one of the smaller ones and stuck it on top of an Altoids tin. The tin holds jumper wires and some jellybean components for lashing up quick experiments. I have a couple of the big ones with binding posts and all, but this little one tends to get used more.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I've seen guys stick those adhesive-backed boards to commercial and home-brew power supplies, so they have ready access to power for test circuits.
I've seen them arrayed on a backplane to conform to a shape the user wanted them in, and just in a row for a guy
who wanted a larger area to build his test circuits in.
Some people build a test stand with whatever inputs they need, then attached the adhesive-backed boards to that test stand.
I think there are just a lot of people who want the prototype board to be an integral part of their particular test circuit needs.
I'm like davenn though. I just like to use 'em, then put them away for my next test set-up.

Herschel Peeler

Feb 21, 2016
I have a couple of breadboards and they both have spongy self-adhesive backings. Searching the Internet suggests to me this might be more common than not. What are people sticking their breadboards to?

I stick mine to a small board. 3" x 6" x 1/8". This board screws down to a wooden box with power supplies and other circuits. After a lot of use the breadboards start having problems with pins that get damaged and the board needs to be replaced. It would be a pain if the breadboard itself were glued down to the box.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
I leave the slick cover in place over the double-sided sticky tape, use it, then put it away like Dave. I did have a cheap commercial version with a built-in 5 VDC logic supply, some switches, an oscillator, etc. like Dave showed in his picture, but I left it at work when I retired because it had an active circuit on it that controlled the on/off operation of the particle accelerator beam. It was convenient to have it at home, but I didn't want to leave them without an operating accelerator... just in case. So now I just drag out whatever power supplies, signal generators, switches and so on that I need when playing at home.