Maker Pro
Maker Pro

What exactly is making this beep noise?

tzeggy14

Oct 15, 2017
Hi guys,

Newbie, with very little electronics knowledge here.

I have a car jump-starter unit here that I use only for powering lights and stuff in my caravan when camping. I have it wired up to a multi light switch and a few banks of LED light strips around the van. It works a treat!

Anyway, my question relates to the annoying built in sound that alerts the owner to the unit having insufficient charge to jump-start a car. There is still plenty of charge to run my lights for days, but the beep/alarm sounds anyway, which really annoys me.

Question 1: Is the component labeled "330" in the video the thing that's making the alarm noise?
Question 2: If it is, how can I disable it permanently? Drill a hole in it and fill it with Superglue or something?
Question 3: If that is not the component making the noise then what is doing it?

I really want to eliminate this annoying alarm.
I don't care about warranty voiding issues or anything, I just want it gone!

Thanks in advance,
Greg

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
A very brief, shaky, blurry video shot in darkness is everything we need.

Last edited:

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Greg . . .

NOPE . . .that's not it.
That YELLOW 330 is being a fixed inductor

You are looking for a piezo-electric beeper in possible case variants as are being shown below your s.w.i.i.i.i.i.sh picture.
The hole in the case and the internal acoustical chamber is as important a the element itself. Therefore, a heavy covering of the hole might abate the noise adequately, or else disconnect or use a series on off switch.
Plug one ear and put a soda straw in the other to do a final seek out of the sound source if still puzzzling as to the sounds origin.

PICK-CHOOR . . .
Charge_Level_Beeeper.jpg

73's de Edd

tzeggy14

Oct 15, 2017
Thanks 73's.
Good idea about the straw!
I'll investigate further.