Maker Pro
Maker Pro

What is this (Circled orange) component called? Please help

birigu

Jul 16, 2021
My electronic scooter failed to unlock and work. And this is the only PCB that's connected to the scooter. This component is bouncing and making sounds when I shake it. I thought this was the problem. What is this component? If this component is fine then what can be the problem?209986389_1759141447620892_726884150091342594_n (1).jpg

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Has it got anything written on it?
My initial thought was an onboard backup battery. But it shouldn't rattle or make noise if you shake it.
Do these scooters have tilt switches?

Martin

Howard A Read

Jul 22, 2021
I also had a similar problem with my Xiaomi M365 scooter. It was caused by an issue with the hall sensors situated inside the motor. Initially, it had an issue with power loss and there is also noise from the scooter. One of my friends who is working in an electronics manufacturing company had helped me to resolve the issue. If your hall sensors failed to work it may affect the controller to pass the information to the motor. Thus this results in an error of power to the motor and causes starting issue. So, you should check whether your hall sensor is working properly.

Moderetors note : removed hidden spam link, posting such links again might lead to a ban

Last edited by a moderator:

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
Map out the circuit into a schematic, get the markings of the DIP14 IC above it and look at the datasheet. To me it looks like it might just be a ferrite bead.

Something seems wrong, in that on a scooter you have battery and motor and this board is not built to handle substantial current, so is the controller for the motor built into it and this is just for the throttle? It might help for you to trace where the wires go, map that out and provide it to us... or it might not help, it is sometimes a steep hill to climb trying to guess/do things remotely based on small pictures.