Maker Pro
Maker Pro

What task does this item perform for society?

Pharaday

Jan 18, 2016
I followed an ooold rock wall a bit until I came across a tree. Underneath that tree was a rock that had absolutely no business being there whatsoever. I lifted that rock and found this item there. No instructions, no part number. I plugged it into an amp, nothing happened. Has anyone ever seen this? What is this is?
20200131_061700.jpg

P.S. a race now exists to answer this question between yall and some other information sources. *starting pistol*

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
I’m glad you cleared this mystery up John. I spent an hour on the train home staring at the picture imagining what it could be!.
While living in France, I saw something similar indicating the electric fence was powered on and the LED indicated the entry/exit point. You would disconnect two clamps and walk through. Supposedly the LED didn’t scare the horses. We could see it and walk in ‘the’ direction but our torches in the pitch black freaked them out!. Never seen them here though and my sister had horses. She had most gizmos, but not this.

Martin

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
The electric fence tester crossed my mind too, although Insulation might be useful there. lol
I also though it was some sort of probes like for find a buried pipe or wire.

The led was a big clue along with Google.
It's essentially a ir extender on a stick.
I have used ir blasters to extend range in the past. This thing just has a nifty bracket you put under the tv, cable box, or whatever you want to control. The old extenders you had to tape or glue the ir led somewhere so it'd stay put.

Time for my ride home now.

Thanks for an interesting post pharaday.

Regards.

Ps: The bigger mystery is why was this found under a rock?

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Or, why was it found under a rock that clearly did not belong there??.
I have two ideas...
The IR extender was dropped and a rock off the rock wall fell and covered it..
Or
The burglar left it covered with a rock from the wall indicating the premises for a later 100% clear out.
Unfortunately, we will never know!.

Martin

Pharaday

Jan 18, 2016
Thanks a bunch, guys! Yall came in 2nd in the race. And I'm glad that movie refference wasn't lost!

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
Idk, ....The movie scene from: The green mile where the guard finds Coffey's burried story under a rock?