Maker Pro
Maker Pro

What type of OEM screw is this?

Bullrunner

Aug 9, 2023
It is 1/4 inch diameter. What type of OEM screw is this and what driver is required to remove it? Thank you much.

Attachments

• 8.6.23 Bug Zapper OEM Screw.jpg
    8.6.23 Bug Zapper OEM Screw.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 15

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
That's a "tri-head clutch screw". Not very common and the tool to remove it likely to be more expensive than cutting it off and re-drilling the hole for a different screw.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Bullrunner . . . . . . . . . . . ( and I r e e e e e ly wants to SEE's dat ! )

cutting it off and re-drilling the hole for a different screw.
Not me . . . . first soak around the screw head with some knock er loose . Then I used a cut off wheel in a Dremel tool to make a JUST OVER FITTING slanting slot in the center of one of an existent full 1/3 wing.
Then I am being able to use the JUST FITTING standard screwdriver with 1/3 of it positioned within that new slot and its last 1/3 between the two untouched wings, do a CCW tighten up with a HEAVY push down, and slowly take out that b*stid screw!
After sizing for a new CONVENTIONAL replacement screw, then you go into the back yard and throw that removed ODD one as FAAAAAR as you can.
[Or into an un liked neighbors yard.] ( I see your smile)

Stubborn ? and won't initially break free ? My other alternative was the use of one on my modified Vise Grip pliers that I had totally eliminated any molded frontal rounding taper by placing them nose end into a grinding wheel and just ending up with a then totally flush front end.
With that tip end modification, it is then letting you go in vertical to clamp to that screw head, with max jaws contact area now available to that screw head*** . . . . .then do a DEATH clamp onto the screw head and then a CCW screw 'er out!
( Or go back to using the std screwdriver, after break loose.)

*** With its proximity to that plumbing fitting reference sizing . . . I sort of visualize it as a 1/4-20 . . . . right ?

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaassssit.

73's de Edd . . . . .

I just put in two separate orders for a chicken and an egg from Amazon Express . . . . . . I'll let you know.

Last edited: