Maker Pro
Maker Pro

What way around are these voltage regulators?

seanspotatobusiness

Sep 11, 2012
I think these two black components with 1Aomega written on them are voltage regulators. Can anyone advise me what the pinout will be? I've tried searching for a pinout for a SMD voltage regulator with a dot on it but failed. Thanks!

cc48fR3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Mister 'tater Man . . . . . . .

With that low of a numerical coding assignment, I would suspect them being common transistors, likely a MMBT3904L in this case.

Initially use the lowest OHMs function to confirm that what seem to be direct up and down foil connections between the two units, are possibly being confirmed.

Thinking there of a paralleling of two units for greater power handling capacity OR their arrangement into a Darlington configuration for upping the pairs combined gain.

Next, check them out in common DIODE test mode with a DVM.

Bottom left terminal at the 1 side would be BASE
Top center terminal above the A would be COLLECTOR
Bottom right terminal would be EMITTER.

If this were a regulator, one would expect almost adjunct mounting of in and out electrolytic bypassing capacitors, as is associated with a 3 term regulator.

Thasssssit . . . . . .

BTW what type or piece of . . . . . E - Quip - Ment . . . . are we having ourselves here ?

Since I can’t see the total board.

73’s de Edd

Last edited:

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Yep, shore did . . . . . . . YOU . . . . and heavy on the YOU, are more apt to encounter a BC 846-A on YOUR manufacturing side side of the big waters.
While I, me,we,us and Mr 'tater man . . . . are more likely to encounter a MMBT3904 being on OUR boards.

Didn't happen to see the "Code Book " referencing . . . . residing on my hard drives since the very early 2000's . . . . since I wuz bizzy, a poking up my entry, and then let er' rip . . . . just after doing so.

Last edited:

seanspotatobusiness

Sep 11, 2012
Thanks very much, guys! I'm a reverse engineer! :p

I'm trying to use the inverters of some laptop monitor CCFLs (I got about 15 different ones for free) to make a free bright light. A lot of the inverters I can find no information for but there are a few for which I can. I might resort to buying a couple of four-lamp inverters for the rest.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Yep, shore did . . . . . . . YOU . . . . and heavy on the YOU, are more apt to encounter a BC 846-A on YOUR manufacturing side side of the big waters.
While I, me,we,us and Mr 'tater man . . . . are more likely to encounter a MMBT3904 being on OUR boards.

Didn't happen to see the "Code Book " referencing . . . . residing on my hard drives since the very early 2000's . . . . since I wuz bizzy, a poking up my entry, and then let er' rip . . . . just after doing so.

good grief Edd ... WTF are you on about ??

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
I just knew that on the side of the board shown, that I could see, I saw no transformer to get the required initial peak of 1000V upwards, to initially get a tube into striking and flashover and then a decline down to ~ 300-400 VAC for actual running.