Maker Pro
Maker Pro

What's an easy way to supply power to a breadboard without using batteries?

SnPa

Jun 16, 2017
I have a motor that requires 12 V and up to 5A to function. (Current depends on torque, the higher the torque the higher the current but maximum current the motor can take is 5 A).

What's the best way to provide the power required ?

I'm thinking of buying this http://imgur.com/lHWps20

Then cut and strip the end of the wire.
What do you think

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Ebay have an adaptor complete with regulators to plug in to breadboards. You may have to check the current rating suits your needs but then breadboards are not built for higher currents. Perhaps just use terminal strip.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I have a motor that requires 12 V and up to 5A to function. (Current depends on torque, the higher the torque the higher the current but maximum current the motor can take is 5 A).

Ebay have an adaptor complete with regulators to plug in to breadboards. You may have to check the current rating suits your needs but then breadboards are not built for higher currents. Perhaps just use terminal strip.

As Bluejets said and I repeat strongly ....... You CANNOT put anything near 5A into a breadboard DONT DO IT

they are designed for low current experimental circuits ... a few 100 mA's maximum

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
Welcome to EP.

What kind of power connection does your motor have?
Can you post a photo?
A "direct connection" should be used,preferably fused.

If your motor actually needs 5A your power supply should be conveniently able to supply that.
Use one with higher rating ,say 6-7.5A .