Maker Pro
Maker Pro

What's the name of this cable?

Edd

Oct 18, 2014
What is the name of this cable? I can't find it? Its for a dvd home speaker system is there an adapter that will connect with an iphone or laptop audio jack?
If any of you could please help me find it on radioshack.com that would be awesome !

conn.png

[MOD: edited to improve image]

Last edited by a moderator:

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
The Panasonic system you have has an audio input on the back...
Why in the world would you need to use that connector...

Please explain to us why you need/want to use this connector?
Where did you get your system?

Edd

Oct 18, 2014
The Panasonic system you have has an audio input on the back...
Why in the world would you need to use that connector...

Please explain to us why you need/want to use this connector?
It does not.
It is the saht90

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
You didn't answer any of the questions I had.

Why do you need to use that connector, can you please supply a picture of the back of the main unit. This appears to be a picture of the back of the Subwoofer.

Edd

Oct 18, 2014
I dont know where my father got the system its been sitting in the garage for a while... And yes that is the subwoofer which is where all the connections take place... I cant upload photos for some reason through this site directly...
2qs76za.jpg

The only reason i need to use that connector is because its the only one that is there

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
You are missing a piece.
There is a main-unit with a propriety cord that connects the main-unit to the sub with that odd-ball looking plug.
The main-unit has 3 analogue audio inputs on it according to the User Manual.
Once you have the main unit, your good to go, and you will not find that cable at radio shack.

Edd

Oct 18, 2014
You are missing a piece.
There is a main-unit with a propriety cord that connects the main-unit to the sub with that odd-ball looking plug.
Once you have the main unit, your good to go, and you will not find that cable at radio shack.

I am missing the dvd player

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/247039/Panasonic-Sc-Ht920.html?page=2#manual

https://m.shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/SC-HT920?t=manuals

It connects to a dvd player but my question here was if there is an audio jack adapter

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
y
I am missing the dvd player

you are missing the MAIN UNIT
see page 9 of the user manual .... it has all the inputs on it

that cable between the main unit and the woofer unit is a cable designed specifically for this system
you wont buy it rom anywhere other than the manufacturer or registered service centre

or maybe a second hand one on eBay etc

Edd

Oct 18, 2014
y

you are missing the MAIN UNIT
see page 9 of the user manual .... it has all the inputs on it

you need a main unit to function this? The main unit is connected with that cable only... Which i still dont know the name of... Keep in mind that was one of my questions... I dont recall asking how to make this function?

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
who knows ?????
the manufacturer will

read what I said before .....

that cable between the main unit and the woofer unit is a cable designed specifically for this system
you wont buy it from anywhere other than the manufacturer or registered service centre
or maybe a second hand one on eBay etc

Edd

Oct 18, 2014
The mobile view for this wasnt showing the part in red... Thanks for finally answering !!

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
not my fault if you didn't see my earlier response ;)

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Yup I guess. The other guy on the other hand...

that's an unfair comment ... he also told you way back in post #6

You are missing a piece.

cheers
Dave

Edd

Oct 18, 2014
that's an unfair comment ... he also told you way back in post #6

You are missing a piece.

cheers
Dave
Youre right... I just begin to get defensive at night #pray4me. Thanks for all the replies both of you did great thanks. Im a bitch at night i need help lol... Thanks for everything both of you!

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
If you absolutely cannot find the main-unit, the only thing I can suggest is looking around on the Panasonic website.
Because this is a propitiatory cable to connect 2 pieces of equipment together, it is highly doubtful that someone will have/make an iPod or any other type of patch cable for that plug. Especially considering that main-unit has enough audio-inputs for a couple video game systems and an iPod...

If you're at a dead-end after you look at panasonic like I think you will be, there is one more option.
This will require lots of time and patience, and if you get cranky at night, it may be best not to post anything... considering you may need considerable help with this potential last-resort solution, and pissing someone off will leave you dead in the water.
To sum up what I'm talking about, it would require taking the units apart to map out what pins are possibly connected to what components.
There are 25 pins in that plug, and only 6 speakers... so if it were merely an audio cable, half of the pins would be unused...
If this cable carries anything other than analogue audio, you're SOL unless you wan't to sink even more time and money into it to reverse engineer the communication protocol. To make things a little more complex, even if it's analogue audio in that cable, the main-unit will most likely be responsible for all audio processing. So any simple patch cord will merely run whichever 2 speakers the stereo out on an iPod are connected to. The only solution to this is building an audio processing device to operate a front and rear pair of speakers, as well as a centre and sub. It's not simply connecting them all together, as different frequencies will go to different speakers. Building an audio processing device is well beyond my abilities. (Although a shortcut could be made to just connect the speakers together... but quality would be horribly reduced. You would also need to rely on using an Equilizer on the iPod to make it sound half decent... as like I said, audio processing is most likely done in the main-unit)