Maker Pro
Maker Pro

wheelchair charger

zguellit

May 2, 2023
hi guys i need help
i recently purchaised a used wheelchair for my brother that had MS.
the seller gave me a really bad charger that is no more working
so i need help what charger to buy .
the wheelchair use two energizer12V 44Ah 440A batteries.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Many car battery chargers have dual functions that allow 'normal' and sealed lead-acid (the type you have) batteries to charge safely. Check the labels and there will be something that suits. Charge the batteries individually else purchase the manufacturers recommended charger.

zguellit

May 2, 2023
Many car battery chargers have dual functions that allow 'normal' and sealed lead-acid (the type you have) batteries to charge safely. Check the labels and there will be something that suits. Charge the batteries individually else purchase the manufacturers recommended charger.
i cant find the manufacturer charger would you give me link like amazon or something

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
would you give me link like amazon or something
Just go to Amazon and search for 'sealed lead acid charger' - they will be country-specific so no real point my recommending one as I suspect ou're not UK-based as I am.

ye-olde-fool

May 5, 2023
24v 6 to 10A will do, make sure it's multi mode and has the correct connector or fit one to it. the connections are very standardised. nb make sure it will auto start again if its display discharges the battery, else get one with no display.

never run batteries below 24v no load, or you will dramatically hasten their failure date, moreso moreso. they are good for abt 800 cycles normally.. abt 30 mths daily use, discharged < 50% of max., and not chilled. cold batts die fast. insulate and heat in winter. a pet pad underneath would need a low setting. lpo4 are fire risk. not safe imho.