Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Where can I find these components other than china?? FETS and DC-DC IC's etc.

apples

Jul 1, 2012
So on another thread I am looking for help to find out what component are causing a misfire with my car.

I managed to swap over two Mosfets, a 32 pin surface mounted chip, a 15 pin Fet looking thing from a donor ECU board.
(None of those parts made any difference to the misfire of the engine).

So tonight I come home and remove another 15 pin Fet looking thing, put it in the ECU and the engine does not start. Then I freak out and put the original part back in, and the engine will not start with that either...arghhhh!!!

I guess I must have overheated the part when I was hot airing it off the board??? I find that strange because I was able to remove other parts using the same technique and they did not get cooked and have worked fine, then this happens.

So I have managed to find a website that lists the components and they give a basis quick description of what they are used for int the circuit. The problem is that they are from China. How can I find a new component that will be quicker than 5-20 postage time???

These are the only part numbers that I have managed to find so far.

55199 - this is the one I cooked by the sounds of things.

This is the one I need.....

https://www.vipprogrammer.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2107

Attachments

• ECU_2_cooked_component.jpg
    ECU_2_cooked_component.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 58

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Have you tried the usual suspects?
- Mouser
- Farnell
- Digikey
- RS components

apples

Jul 1, 2012
yeah, I can't seem to have any luck

Last edited:

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Those are all manufacturers in-house numbers - they won't be recognised by any 'domestic' supplier listing and I don't know where to get a cross-reference for them (if such exists).

I still find that your assumption that there is something wrong with the ECU to be suspect - they are usually very, very reliable. Regardless, replacing parts on an ad-hoc basis isn't resolving anything - far from it. You've introduced additional faults by making such changes when, most likely, none existed before!

It should be possible to power the ECU and simulate the inputs necessary to get it to 'do it's thing' and take the required measurements to determine where a fault lies - if one exists. Most inputs are simple DC voltages (0-5V or 0-12V) that can be simulated using potentiometers.

Have you tried this method?

If all else fails, just fit another ECU (swapping out your EPROM(s))

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
What evidence did you have that the ECU is causing the misfires? Is this vehicle common in Australia so you could just pull an entire ECU out of one from similar if not same model year and engine at a junk yard? Get it close enough and you won't need to swap the PROM.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Replacing one part with another random part that has the same number of connections is unlikely to work, and may cause damage.

You don't actually say, but I'll presume you replaced parts with others having identical markings.

You may have damaged the board and a closeup image of both sides (where you have soldered a through hole part) may help us find a problem.

Also, did you mount the device to the heatsink before soldering it, or attempt to do so afterwards? The latter approach will cause problems.

apples

Jul 1, 2012
They are exact same part numbers, just swapping them over. I soldered it first then bolted it to the heatsink.

Are you saying that maybe if it was solid and rigid when I bolted it to the heatsink I could have damaged the part?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
It is more likely that you damaged the board if you did it this way. But yeah you can damage the component too.

apples

Jul 1, 2012
I think I have lost a resistor off my good working board............

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
It looks like you may have lost the pads as well

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
The images aren't very good (at least not on my phone) and from then the pads look dull. I interpreted this as then bring possibly pulled off. Since you have the real thing you can check for sure.