Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Where can I find this Component (Inductor / Choke)

90Ninety

Jan 17, 2023
Hi There

To negate re-triggering my Tinnitus , I wish to replace the obnoxious inductor chokes on my Video Graphics card (Sapphire AMD R9 Fury)

As shown below one or more of these inductors is making a horrible whine/ squeal that I cannot bear . I posted this on another forum but had not had any luck , so I am hoping you kind people can help me find replacements for the inductors in the images below

Inductors.jpg

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Squirt a dollop of RTV over them - that you can 'hear' them amazes me but silicone compound will 'shut them up'.

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
Replaced the entire video graphic card!
One or more of the components are faulty.
I see capacitors associated with the inductors lower right hand corner designation c571 that is covered with a non-conductive blue pad. ( the only one I can see clearly.) To comment any further would be total speculation. And that's me being a good person.

90Ninety

Jan 17, 2023
Replaced the entire video graphic card!
One or more of the components are faulty.
I see capacitors associated with the inductors lower right hand corner designation c571 that is covered with a non-conductive blue pad. ( the only one I can see clearly.) To comment any further would be total speculation. And that's me being a good person.
Its not faulty since it works, noisy inductors are common on these cars . The blue pad is covering a VRM , this is by design

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
Aah so true. The values of those components are there by design! Without a schematic. there is very little one can do. If you're proficient with a oscilloscope I can walk you through the process to confirm or deny your suspicions. If you are in the US you can try Digi-key or Mauser for starters. To see if they carry these inductors in the proper surface mount package and value of inductance. Although I do not personally suffer from tinnitus many of my elders do. I feel so helpless because there's nothing I can do for them. With you I may have an opportunity but I believe that is just wishful thinking. My apologies.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
I very much doubt tinnitus condition can suddenly give one the hearing range of a dog.

90Ninety

Jan 17, 2023
Aah so true. The values of those components are there by design! Without a schematic. there is very little one can do. If you're proficient with a oscilloscope I can walk you through the process to confirm or deny your suspicions. If you are in the US you can try Digi-key or Mauser for starters. To see if they carry these inductors in the proper surface mount package and value of inductance. Although I do not personally suffer from tinnitus many of my elders do. I feel so helpless because there's nothing I can do for them. With you I may have an opportunity but I believe that is just wishful thinking. My apologies.
Actually it comes and goes
I very much doubt tinnitus condition can suddenly give one the hearing range of a dog.
Believe it or not, my hearing is Excellent . Though a still get bouts of Tinnitus , I guess its just a little less excellent than what it was