Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Where can I find this type of Flat Flex Cable?

Carl G

Mar 10, 2015
Hi there

I'm trying to fix my brothers hand held games console, he ripped a cable in it and I need to find a new one, unfortunately I have no idea what I'm doing or where to find one.

It's the cable in the picture, it's torn where the end of the cable is and will no longer connect to the port it goes to on the motherboard. I'm in the UK but I'm happy to get something from abroad if I need to. Please help.

Attachments

• IMAG0255.jpg
    IMAG0255.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 141

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Hi there

I'm trying to fix my brothers hand held games console, he ripped a cable in it and I need to find a new one, unfortunately I have no idea what I'm doing or where to find one.

It's the cable in the picture, it's torn where the end of the cable is and will no longer connect to the port it goes to on the motherboard. I'm in the UK but I'm happy to get something from abroad if I need to. Please help.
How are your soldering skills?
You may be able to get away with cutting apart an IDE cable from an old desktop.
You can also stop at a computer shop and ask if they have an adaptor to connect a 2.5" IDE drive to a 3.5" IDE socket... these adaptors usually have a smaller version of the 'IDE' cable mentioned earlier.
You will need to be incredibly careful to avoid bridging any connections.

One last "Gotcha!" . If that cable is meant to be used with a socket to be removable then you will need to provide a picture of the other end, and measurements... The old and new cables must match the size, the pin spacing, etc... or it wont work.

Carl G

Mar 10, 2015
Never mind I've sorted it. After a lot of emails to JXD and messaging them via facebook they have just taken £11 from me including postage for a new part and are sending it out ASAP. I've got a friend who is an electrical engineer who can solder it for me. Very pleased.