Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Where to find data about LED 155BRP made by AND?

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Going through my parts and found a bag of 150 T1 3/4 Clear Lens LEDs.
The bag is marked:
AND Part #155BRP
770 Airport Blvd.
Burlingame, CA 94010
(415) 347-9916

When I couldn't find anything about this manufacturer, I checked the address: It's some mega-church now.
Has anybody ever heard of LED manufacturer 'AND'?
I was hoping to get a data sheet on these LEDs.
Thanks

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
You must have a very specific use for them if you need such accurate data!

You can measure Vf easily enough and the operating current could be guessed at 20mA ???

If it lights up and is visible at the angles you need then......

Or am I missing something?

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I am unsure of their application.
I don't know if AND was a fly-by-night manufacturer, or if they were bought by a competitor to eliminate competition.
These LEDs may have been simple indicators, or they may have been special-purpose designed(?)
I was hoping somebody here might have heard of this manufacturer, or where to find a datasheet on this LED.
I just find it unusual, unless this is was a very old company, that AND was located in the center of such a high-tech industrial area of the country. It's probable that they're nothing important, but the fact that I can't find any data on
this US manufacturer, makes me wonder why. Usually, you can Google the history of a company that 'went
out of business', but I can't find any information about this particular one.

Robert_fay

Jun 15, 2017
The other thing is with a part like this you may not know if that is a MFG part number or a customer part number. Often when companies order parts from a manufacturer or a distributor they have the parts marked with their internal part numbers as that is how they are used in their own system. Certain Distis also identify parts by there own part numbers as they have multiple manufacturers that use the same part numbers. This could be the case for your LEDs.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Thanks for the info. Like kellys_eye, normally I would assume this is just another run-of-the-mill LED, the 'disappearance' of any information about the mfgr or part number is what caught my attention. Yeah, if it's
a part number for some proprietary customer, I'll probably never find-out if it's good for anything except a
blinker on my bicycle. (hopefully a blinker that doesn't laser-blind oncoming traffic)

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
It's not an easy company to search for is it? Every time I try to use 'AND' it is interpreted as the word 'and' - spacing it out doesn't help, nor does including hyphens, apostrophes or inverted commas or dots!

Funny thing is that I know (knew) of a company called AND Electronics - based in North Shields (UK) and a marine installation/electronics outfit.

Not there now - at least, not according to Google.....

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Maybe somebody who knows something will see this an offer some information.
Otherwise, I'll just consider this a lost cause.
Christmas is coming, and in the US 'Halloween'. I can probably use them up in some decorative display.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Chuck a resistor at it and measure it...... what's the worst you can do?