Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Which chip used to optimize measuring many batteries.ject

hples

Aug 13, 2016
Why is component count so important if they are inexpensive parts?

If I understand you, 32x14.2 =512V is your battery voltage but you need Battery voltage for each cell, yet you have not mentioned load balancing.

This design detail "spec" is insufficient, or at least inconsistent with good practice.
You could define resolution, accuracy, range, for V of each cell and method of readings.

The overall purpose would give your query more focus, with a budget, features and purpose.
Sunnysky, Tks for your suggestion.

hples

Aug 13, 2016
Hi everyone, base on some suggestions I draw solutions how to multiplex measurment input from batteries.
Which solution can you vote for and give me comment.
- Solution 1: I just use MUX, for example MUX 4067 16-channel analog multiplexer will work at up to 18v. I confuse about how to feed the Vcc to be equal to the MUx input highest voltage.
- Solution 2: I use Mux but there will be one volt divider at each input. I confuse the output volt range of divider whether it's suitable for input of MUX or not.
- Solution 3: I use MUX and relay. just alot of relay used. I'm going to replace relays with switchs to reduce number of relay.
- Solution 4: I used ADC which has both MUX and ADC. I confuse the input voltage of ADC can it work with max 16v.

You can see picture for details.

Attachments

• 123.JPG
    123.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 65

Sunnysky

Jul 15, 2016
Thanks, yes I'm going to use relay for each battery, however 36 units need 36 relays it perhaps very bulky That's why I find MUX for more simple.
Yes, Isolating power supply is needed.
if you can design a PCB with the SMT relays, it can be quite reasonable with "stacked" RJ-45 jacks normally used for Ethernet with 8 wires each , neater and cost effective to route 9 inexpensive pre-made cables to resistor connections to 4 batteries each. The resistors would charge the MUX flying plastic cap used to sample and hold the battery voltage in a few ms.

If you want to include load cell balancers, the. you better speak up soon.

hples

Aug 13, 2016
if you can design a PCB with the SMT relays, it can be quite reasonable with "stacked" RJ-45 jacks normally used for Ethernet with 8 wires each , neater and cost effective to route 9 inexpensive pre-made cables to resistor connections to 4 batteries each. The resistors would charge the MUX flying plastic cap used to sample and hold the battery voltage in a few ms.

If you want to include load cell balancers, the. you better speak up soon.
Sunnysky, very good suggestion for using ethernet the cable. However I indent to discharge battery to measure. Can a pair of ethernet cable stand discharge current up to 6A?