Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Which chip?

jason3w

Dec 7, 2012
Hi there guys.
I'm designing a product.
It's very simple.
It has 2 RGB LED's that flash in different combinations. (i.e. red/blue, RGB, pink/green etc)
It's powered by a AAA battery that would need to be stepped up to 3volts.

It has a single button, that triggers the mode changes, and press and hold to turn off.

Priorities.
1. Cost (cheap)
2. Brightness
2. Battery Life

I've looked at PIC chips. But not sure they are the best and cheapest.
I've seen the new XLP tech that is power saving, but don't know what percentage of saving we are talking about.

Also, this is going to be mass produced and the chips need to be easy to get on alibaba or the like.

I am currently getting the circuit designed through contrctor on odesk, but given i know very little about electronics, i don't know what to suggest to him aobut the microcontroller etc.
Any ideas would be awesome.
Thanks heaps
Jason

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
If you are paying a guy to design your circuit, it's his job to work with you on what parts to use...

Personally I'm not going to do his job for him unless I'm getting paid like he is...

jason3w

Dec 7, 2012
:) true CocaCola. you looking for a job then?
He doesn't get paid much! I'm just trying to get a little bit informed so i can guide the project better.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
:) true CocaCola. you looking for a job then?
He doesn't get paid much! I'm just trying to get a little bit informed so i can guide the project better.

I'm always willing to consider designing circuits... And I will give a significantly reduced rate to small jobs on this forum but that isn't the same as saying I will work for cheap, especially on a mass produced commercial design where full rights are transferred...